- San Francisco’s population is expected to grow to 983,000 by 2030 and to 1.2 million by 2060.
- San Francisco is expected to see a 38% increase in the number of residents 65 years and over by 2030 – more than any age group.
- Fifty-eight percent of San Francisco’s population is non-White and the ethnic diversity score is increasing.
- Twenty-four percent of San Francisco residents 5 years and older have limited English proficiency – 57% of those persons speak Chinese.
- The percent of persons living in family households and households with unrelated roommates is increasing, while the percent of people living alone is decreasing.